So today I'm going to go on a rant about the Red Sox. Yes I know, very exciting. How could they lose 5 games straight to the Yankees? This is almost something you have to try to do. Even worse, they lost those games at home, where they have (ahem) had one of baseball's best records. They aren't the Kansas City Royals. The shouldn't be 2-8 in their last ten games. It's actually very depressing. They have lost 5 key players in their ball club within the last month and a half. How can you expect to play the rest of your season with Jason Varitek, Trot Nixon, Tim Wakefield, Matt Clement and Keith Foulke on the DL? I'm sorry, but these AAA pitchers are just that, AAA. And stupid Theo Epstein can't bother to make any trades at the deadline, while the Yankees can pick up one of the biggest bats in baseball, Bobby Abreu. This was a promising season, that brought home to all the fans that there was definatly a possiblity of seeing another ring on our players fingers, but the way this is going, I wouldn't be surprised if they finished under .500. This is train wreck that won't stop piling up. But don't get me wrong, I love the Red Sox and always will. I just wish that they could get some sense knocked into them and actually start to win games again. But never fear, "there's always next season".
RESULTS: I WAS 2 FOR 3. SOMEONE NAMED PAPI HOMERED, THE RED SOX WON, JUST NOT 9-7.
CURRENT STANDINGS:
YANKEES 76-49
RED SOX 70-56 6.5 GB
CURRENT GAME:
BOSTON @ LOS ANGELES 9:05
BECKETT VS. WEAVER
PREDICTION: EGH...I'M GONNA GO WITH A WIN, BUT I DON'T HAVE A STRONG FEELING EITHER WAY. I'LL SAY BOS 6 LAA 4, BUT THATS ONLY IF BECKETT DOESN'T ALLOW HIS 1000000 FOR THE SEASON

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home